Monday 8 August 2011

Day 48

I just realized that I have never really told you much about myself. I am a nursing student, who's also getting a business certificate. At the moment, I'm on summer vacation. As one of my summer jobs, I decided to try something completely new but physical... yard work! Today was my first day of yard work. I have never done a labor intensive job before and when I got home today... my feet hurt. I was super grumpy and just wanted to lay down for the rest of the night. I ate a fairly large supper. It was healthy... to a point. Butter chicken, lots of veggies and a small amount of rice. Then I had a piece of toast and a bowl of my favorite cereal... Nesquik. I felt guilty, but I was sore and feeling sorry for myself. My boyfriend started to get on my case to go for a walk. To be perfectly honest, I was ready to let him go on his own. But seeing him pouting because I was being a grump, make me feel really bad so despite my sore feet, I put back on my runners and headed out the door. Once I started my walk, my feet actually stopped hurting. We walked 5 kms together and the boyfriend walked an extra km. I was so proud of him. He broke his personal record. Seeing how happy he was made me truly thankful that I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and go for a walk. Although I am glad that I went, my feet sure were not. After placing my feet in some warm tea tree water with vanilla for 20 minutes so far, I can actually tell you that my feet are feeling a bit better. Anyway I will keep you posted on the progress of my feet. Thanks for reading! I am exhausted. :) I should have a great sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment